Thursday, January 3, 2013

Challenge: Tell me the story of my life

Credits to http://www.jabizraisdana.com/blog/tell-me-the-story-of-my-life/ , this challenge would fittingly be my first post of 2013 on this (mostly sports related) blog. My version, using Jabiz's photos: Mid January- end April looked mostly like this: Final semester as an undergraduate. One year later, I miss what seemed like endless nights of cramming. Being jobless and gypsy teaching isn't very much fun when I want to explore the world/visit Bangkok to meet my lovely friends (Billy, Pete, Gob, Pennee etc) for intercultural chat sessions.

18/365 Essay Time

The first thing that comes to my mind would be looking out of the Esplanade Library of Singapore. Some evenings spent there getting absolutely lost in the music collection(while failing miserably at associating theories from race and ethnicity)

Curves

Somewhere only (I) know, where dreaming big and being a child is the best thing ever, not having to worry how to feed yourself financially. Is my future prince waiting for me in the castle grounds? Passed by Universal Studios on the way to the beach for a much needed bike ride, two days after I quit my desk job that certainly wasn't made for me.

Fairy Tale

This might not be 2012 material, but it sure does bring back memories of public relations class: Creating a (fake) website site rebranding a franchise/brand and press kit in Singapore. This was one of the many assignments given, and only a week to do it. Here are the links: https://twitter.com/VivaVurg http://www.facebook.com/people/Viva-Vurg/100002637145710#!/pages/VivaVurg/123689841056584?sk=info http://nnchalnt.wix.com/vivavurg ((NOTE: Everything is fake in its entirety and was done for a graded assignment, which yes, I passed and got a B+))

Vegan Burg

Days in between gypsy teaching and interviews were mostly spent like that. (End September- mid December.) In 2012, I fell in love with A Million Little Pieces by James Frey, Triumph of the City by Edward Glasser, The Secret Olympian... and many more books to name a few.

Chill Day

Born and raised in S-G-P!

My City

Live everyday to the best and your life will be a celebration. I clearly should have applied this to my life last year with too much anger consuming me and losing friends, memories and failing to see the beauty of my surroundings.

New Year's Eve

Coming up in the next post would be my version of the story of my life in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment