Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

Having spent a total of 30 nights in the States over 2010 and 2011/12, the past 2 Fourth of July's have got me all emotional.

Three years ago, I was in Utrecht City. Someday I would love to be in the States for Independence Day.

What am I thankful to America for?

Bruce Springsteen.
The San Antonio Spurs, New York Yankees, North Carolina Tar Heels, LA Kings/NY Rangers, NY Giants... the best professional sporting leagues which keep me entertained year round.
The giant sodas and huge burgers and pizzas which I somehow never put on weight during my time in the States.
Samuel Adams, Goose Island, Sierra Nevada beer (yummmmmmmm!)
Country music.
Baskin Robbins and Ben and Jerry's ice cream
Hard Ice Tea. Yum.
Dueling piano shows
Mark Twain, Ernest Hemingway, David Foster Wallace, Arthur Miller.
Hanna Barbera cartoons
Smokey the Bear.

Forgive me for being stuck and having limited ideas but I've been blitzed with lesson planning, teaching and writing a book. No rest for the next few months, no vacation and long days pulled. Working hard for the 'man 'cause in the day we sweat it out on the streets of the runway American dream, quoting the best rocker who walked this earth's famous song.

No comments:

Post a Comment