Sunday, August 21, 2011

This week has been up and down for the Yankees. First thing on my mind. How do you lose to the woeful Kansas City Royals? Seriously?!

Phil Hughes pitched a solid game on Friday, allowing 1 run to the Twins. If he wins his next two starts, my dream, or possibility that it will be a reality starting pitching rotation in the playoffs would include CC Sabathia, Ivan Nova and Phil Hughes.

As for AJ Burnett, banish him to the bullpen! What an absolute joker, quoting the New York Daily News. He gave up 7 runs in 1 2/3 innings today, couldn't get an out to save his life, winless yet again in another start. I'm giving up hope that he will win another game that he starts in for the rest of the season. Then he throws temper by uttering expletives as he slaps the ball into Joe Giradi's hand as he comes to take him off the mound. Gave up watching the game after that happened. Not the best way to start/end my day coming home from an all nighter of hanging with the boys and absolutely wasted.

He's been a tank and his act is wearing thin on me, and possibly many other Yankee fans.

Oh, and his behavior on the field today does resemble me at times, when I'm full of teenage angst.

Alex Rodriguez should be returning to the lineup any day soon. I can't wait. He will be rusty but it will give added power to the middle of the order. Mark Teixeira and Curtis Granderson and Robinson Cano have been doing a pretty good job so far driving in runs and hitting balls into the outfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment