Saturday, March 17, 2012

March Madness ramblings

My bracket has fallen. Half of my final four teams are still left standing, after day 1 of the second round, before the sweet 16. VCU, my cinderella of 2012 has collapsed today in a really close match vs Indiana. Did anyone see Missouri lose in the first round? No. And who is Norfolk State? They certainly pulled a shocking upset and busted everyone's brackets, just like how Lehigh beat Duke. There goes another pick. At least I only picked Duke to make it to the sweet 16 and lose to Baylor. Ohio beating Michigan, another surprise, but not that a big one to me. The only person that I know who said Duke would get beaten by Lehigh would be a friend who works at my school for the director. He's a Lehigh alumni anyway...

As I never change my picks once I've done my bracket, my final four had VCU, Missouri, Florida State and UNC. Tar Heels to win it all. Now, I've got to pray to the basketball gods that Florida State beats Texas, then Ohio State in the sweet 16 and upsets Syracuse (which shouldn't be a problem since Fab Melo has been suspended for the tournament due to academic problems.) As much as I hate FSU, they beat UNC twice this season and clearly deserve to make the final four. But UNC will trump them.

John Henson's wrist has been bothering him. Creighton can be a pesky team. I originally had Alabama beat them in the opening round, but I was wrong. There goes another pick. Lots of cinderellas that I picked to upset didn't happen this year.

Today's second round matchups were all won by the higher seed. What a big yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment