Saturday, March 31, 2012

One word to describe my March Madness bracket: Busted.

For the second year running, every pick was shot down by the elite 8. Who is left standing? Kentucky, Louisville, Kansas and Ohio State. And I don't like any team playing in the big dance. Okay. If I had to pick who I'd like to see win it all, I'd say Louisville. Rick Pittino does have my respect.

Baseball season is starting real soon. Which means staying up all night when there is an afternoon game for the Yankees. The NBA playoff race is heating up too. Lakers lost a big game to Oklahoma City at home, and it could have very well cost them a chance in catching the Spurs for the second seed in the West. But I'll take it anyday when LA loses cause I'm a Spurs fan. Spurs need to have a solid backup point guard besides Gary Neal. TJ Ford has retired. Distractions galore, 3 weeks till the last day of class for me as an undergraduate and a week of finals follow. And with so much sporting action going on, how am I supposed to focus like I need this bad, like its do or have your life savings or life end? In trying to express the need and urgency to study by "drive it like you stole it!"

3 Tar Heels declare for the NBA draft. This certainly came as no surprise when I saw the news flash. Harrison Barnes, John Henson and the injured Kendall Marshall. Those guys will definitely have an impact in the nba and its time they left. Tyler Zeller will also be drafted, as a graduating senior. Roy Williams is left with only one returning starter on his team (Dexter Strickland) My obsession/love for Tar Heel players don't last long, when they leave school for the draft, its a bittersweet feeling. And then I somehow find myself not being much of a fan of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment